Our latest Compensation & Workforce Trends Survey reinforced what many in the administrative support space already know: there’s a fairly wide skills gap in this sector. In fact, many traditional functions of office and administrative support professionals have already been automated, forcing these workers to learn new skills quickly—soft and hard skills—to keep up with the changes in the workplace.
In our 2022 Workforce Trends: Administrative Support report, we take a deep dive into what administrative support hiring managers are doing to overcome this skills gap. Here’s just a glimpse what we found:
- 33% of hiring managers say they’ve found admin roles requiring tech experience the hardest to recruit for
- 66% plan to back-fill roles that were eliminated during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 75% say they are confident in their organization's ability to attract new talent and retain current talent
- 52% say they plan to hire new employees to close the skills gap
- 57% have shortened the interview and offer process to meet the current demand and competition for skilled workers
Want more insights and analysis on how administrative professional hiring managers are overcoming the skills gap? Download our 2022 Administrative Support Workforce Trends report today.