What is an Agency Account Coordinator?
An “Account Coordinator” is an entry-level job in the account services department of a marketing agency. Agency Account Coordinators provide administrative and customer service support to account executives, media planners and client services managers.
They assist in the day-to-day administration of marketing, public relations and advertising initiatives to attract potential customers and retain existing ones for the agency’s clients. This includes maintaining a high level of awareness with client activities, detail-oriented program and project management and professional communication with key client contacts as needed.
Agency Account Coordinators work at full-service agencies, which offer a wide-range of advertising and creative services:
- Media agencies, which focus on advertising
- Digital agencies, which specialize in online and social marketing
- Direct mail and direct marketing agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Administration or a related field
- One year of experience in the field
Account Coordinator Essential Skills
- Problem solving skills to help clients who may experience issues
- Ability to think creatively
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- A strong business administration background
- Excellent written and verbal communications
Account Coordinator Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain client accounts
- Work with internal sales and marketing teams
- Manage account budgets
- Prepare account service-related documents such as meeting agendas, meeting reports, proposals and other client communications and correspondence
- Know their clients and their industries
- Develop and maintain a working-level understanding of assigned client’s industries, company culture, products/services and strategic communication plan.
- Proactively communicate with clients on a daily basis in a professional, efficient manner
- Attend to the needs of the client and continually seek ways to add value to the client-agency relationship
- Communicate with clients
- Participate in and document discussions during client meetings and conference calls
- Review and compose correspondence
- Review vendor quotes
- Verify production specs
- Create and/or provide feedback on project estimates and timelines
- Field and process internal information requests
- Assist with mailings