Despite 39% of hiring managers saying that IT/Tech roles are the most difficult to fill, 70% of them also say they are confident in their organization's ability to attract and retain talent. Why are they so confident? Well, in our 2022 Workforce Trends: IT & Tech report, we also found that this demand for top talent is driving these hiring managers to level up their talent attraction efforts and expand employee development.
Here’s just a glimpse of some other insights we collected from IT and tech hiring managers:
- 53% say the IT/Tech department will expand in 2022
- Since the pandemic, IT/Tech departments have found it increasingly difficult to find candidates with technical skills (44%), critical thinking and problem-solving skills (36%), and leadership skills (33%).
- 55% of hiring managers say they plan to hire new employees to close the skills gap
- 46% say they plan to identify and upskill high potential employees within their organizations
- 41% say they will reskill current employees to be redeployed
Want more insights and analysis on how IT and tech teams are attracting and retaining talent with the most in-demand skills? Download our 2022 Workforce Trends: IT & Tech report today.